The (H&K) SP5K is an MP5-style semiauto pistol chambered in 9mm. It operates via a roller delayed blowback system. Other features include:
• A picatinny rail scope mount on top of the receiver;
• an adjustable rear sight.
• a diopter front sight;
• an ambidextrous safety lever;
• a fluted chamber to aid extraction;
• a 6.74–10.11 lb. trigger pull;
• a finger guard on the forward grip to prevent the shooter’s hand from slipping too far forward;
• a sling attachment swivel at the rear;
• an elastic bungee sling; and
• two 30-round magazines and Pelican style hard military case
Caliber Magazine Capacity Trigger Pull Trigger Travel Return Travel Barrel Profile / Twist
9mm x 19 30 / 10 6.74 - 10.11 pounds-force .24 in. .12 in. Groove/land profile, 6 grooves, right-hand twist
The SP5K is the commercial semi-automatic version of the legendary MP5K in caliber 9 mm x 19, which was developed in the 1970s as a concealed carry weapon for the purpose of personal security. Apart from statutory changes inside the weapon the SP5K is absolutely identical to the MP5K, particularly the interfaces for magazine, buttstock/receiver cap, handguard and sight mount. In conjunction with extensive accessory options the SP5K is a state of the art weapon system. In addition to the quick release Picatinny mounting rail and the slim line handguard with HKey mounting slots available as accessories is as natural as a buttstock support option and the ambidextrous operation of the weapon. The SP5K can be universally used both as a pistol or a shoulder-mounted weapon.